Friday, September 4, 2009

Now that I'm back...

I'm back in Missouri and it's sort of strange. A lot of things are different than before I left. Yet a lot of things are exactly the same:
what's different?:
1. it's always interesting to see what relationships have formed and/or melted away. 3 of my good friends got married: wendy and nick, kelly and doug and heidi and jake. Some got engaged. Some relationships ended.
2. i'm not in college anymore! It's funny how people now ask me what im' doing with my degree and i say...welp here's the thing, i'm fairly certain i don't want to pursue speech pathology and yes that's what i jsut spent 4 years pursuing, but i feel like i can do more. that i am meant to do more. so now im' just working at a bank and figuring out what that "more" is.
3. my friend sets are changing. i'm growing into the adult phase where my friends are moving and starting new lives and it's just kind of strange. Hard to figure out where i fit now. like looking for a small group, it's kind of difficult b/c i'm not married nor do i have children. however, i'm not in college. oh to be a young adult.
4. my dad's working up in iowa for the next 2 years until he retires so that's been hard on my mom. and my borther is out of the house so she's been on her own a lot.
5. i have a new understanding of where my attention needs to be. what's worth giving my time to and what's not.

what's the same?:
1. eveything. haha i live in the asme apartment with teh same roommate, have the sameburning question 'what do i do with my life' . i know the same people. i still go to La Croix.

One of the biggest things i learned this summer was froma sermon we heard by... i think Louie Gigglio. It was called "Jesus is my homeboy" and it was all about how there are 2 directions that people tend to go. lean towards the homeboy side which is where God is your friend and your buddy and he's so close and awesome. and then the other way is to where God is only God and he is huge and big and powerful and to only be shown grave respect...humor and joy are void. And we need to find some place in the middle where yes He is our friend but He is STILL God and he is to be respected. I think i tend to lean towards the homeboy side. and forget that He is master of me and this world.

I've felt like awarrior lately. Well, atleast i am really striving to live in the mindset of a warrior . with the always pesent recognition that this world that we liv ein is a battlefield. And that it is my calling to fight for the Holy and powerful God who sent His son Jesus Christ to die for us so that we can stand along side Him in victory and bring honor to this good and perfect God.

yeah..a warrior.

0 comments: